Monday, February 11, 2008

What a great weekend

After Mardi Gras it was nice to have a weekend with nothing planned. Well almost nothing, ok nothing that I felt obligated to attend. Saturday started a little chilly but was going to warm up quickly and it was decided to meet at 9:30 for a quick 30 mile ride. Wow, I can sleep late and still ride with others. This is cool; better enjoy it while I can because in a few weeks I know the rides will start at sun rise. Its February and the temp is 62 and warms up to 73 by the end of the ride. We had a new rider that was having trouble keeping up on his new $8,500 Specialized Transition bike that we had to wait at every turn. I like to see new people get into triathlons but I am not sure how often I am willing to ride at a slow pace. I am out here for a workout! After the ride some decided to run and I wanted to join them but I need to stick to my plan. (Only treadmill runs every other day until the stress fracture is healed.) They take off and I decided to go to the gym for a swim and a pool run.

Sunday, they had a group riding at 8:00 but I slept late. :-) I went for a 40 mile ride by myself to make sure I was able to get the ride I wanted and not have to worry about dropping anyone. I like riding with others but sometimes I want to ride alone. You have to ride 112 miles by yourself in an Ironman so why not get some miles in by yourself. Again, after the ride I was off to the gym for another 2000 yard swim and 20min pool run.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Keith, I didn't know you had a stress fracture! Where?

I love it when people are just starting out and want the very best gear. I also love passing people on bikes that cost 5 times as much as mine. :)

KeithC said...

It’s in the right fibula, a couple of inches above the ankle. It's almost healed.

Damie said...

Hope it heals soon. Ask that guy if he wants to sell me his bike....at a discounted price:)