Wednesday, February 27, 2008

How to forget about an injury:

I think I found a way to forget about an injury. Get another one. I was on my way to run the Mardi Gras 5K then watch friends finish the 1/2 and full marathon but my knee felt a little sore. Maybe it was from the 56 mile ride the day before. I really don't know. In the past this wouldn't bother me and I would run because once I start running or cycling it feels better. After the stress fracture, I tend to not run if I am not 100%. Well, I ran the race and felt fine but after an hour, the stress fracture was still fine but the knee started hurting. The pain wasn't that bad and after a couple of beers I forgot about it until the morning. Monday morning the stress fracture was fine but the knee was really sore. By the afternoon it was feeling better but I skipped spin class. Tuesday I felt great and ran three miles on the treadmill thinking more about the knee than the stress fracture. I feel like I could run today but I will stick with my plan of running every other day for at least another week.

Oh, everyone that I talked to said they liked the new Mardi Gras 1/2 marathon course and I want to run it next year or 2/1/09.

Anyone else forgot about one injury because of a new one?

4 comments:

Damie said...

I sure do wish keith would update his blog!!!! :)

Joy said...

Keith, are you there? We miss the blog posts!

Joy said...

I guess you're just being true to the blog name, i get it!

Damie said...

my name is keith. is started a blog. i quit a blog. i don't like my friend damie anymore because i never keep in touch